HYCOOL® Heat Transfer Fluids
Hycool Global Ltd has been the worldwide distributor for HYCOOL Heat Transfer Fluids since 2012.
Prior to this HYCOOL fluids were distributed through our main sister company SRS Frigadon Ltd for 16 years – the formation of Hycool Global ltd was to ensure a dedicated commitment to the supply of HYCOOL fluids to our customers and end users.
The company operates as a distribution organisation from Stratford upon Avon in the UK and is managed by Chris Jennings, HYCOOL GLOBAL’s Technical Sales and support manager.
HYCOOL GLOBAL LTD organises all deliveries of Hycool for customers in UK and Overseas and we welcome international enquiries.
HYCOOL fluids are manufactured by Hydro-Chemicals of Porsgrunn, Norway a long-established company owned by Addcon GmbH Chemicals in Germany.
Please contact Chris Jennings for further information and system design details
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44(0) 1789 450 982
What is HYCOOL®?
- HYCOOL® is a secondary refrigerant based on potassium formate. Potassium formate is an organic salt. Chemical formula HCOOK.
- HYCOOL® has a high environmental profile. Safe to handle, non-toxic and biodegradable.
- HYCOOL® has excellent thermodynamic properties and with its low viscosity and high thermal conductivity will ensure minimal energy consumption.
It should be environmentally friendly.
- HYCOOL® consists of potassium formate and de-ionised water and is the preferred coolant for process cooling, freezing and heating applications.
- HYCOOL® has outstanding thermodynamic properties minimising both capital and operational costs.
- HYCOOL® has low viscosity and high thermal conductivity. Combined they result in reduced installation and energy usage costs.
- HYCOOL® has excellent environmental properties. It is non-toxic, non-flammable, is bio-degradable and chemically stable.
Hycool fluids can operate down to -50oC for freezing systems,
Hycool 20 = -20oC
Hycool 45 = -45oC
Hycool 50 = -50oC
Excellent Environmental Profile
A compatible combination of HYCOOL® LT heat transfer fluids, George Fischer Cool-fit pipework, operated by Frigadon Chillers in conjunction with 12 x AIA Coils. – pictured above
A Secondary Heat Transfer Fluid
- It should be non-toxic, even in larger quantities.
- It should be environmentally friendly.
- It should be biodegradable.
- It should have excellent thermodynamic properties.
- It should be capable of achieving as high COP as possible.
- It should have low corrosion effect.
HYCOOL® fulfils all the above statements.
Hycool fluids are distributed globally by SRS Frigadon Ltd’s sister company Hycool Global Ltd, which operates from the same offices in Stratford upon Avon, UK.
Please see www.hycool-global.com for more info or contact Chris Jennings by email via email@example.com or by phone on +44(0)1789 450 982.
Hycool is available in the UK in 20 litre/200 litre drums and 1000 litre IBCs and available internationally in 1000 litre IBCs. Hycool is supplied from the UK or direct from Norway.
Glycol vs HYCOOL® vs Water
With the same volume of fluid in each test tube egg timer, water demonstrates the most rapid flow rate but only at a temperature no colder than 0° C. Propylene glycol with its high viscosity but restricted heat transfer temperatures no lower than -8° C shows a much slower rate compared with HYCOOL®.
HYCOOL® heat transfer fluid with the lower viscosity compared with glycol will reduce the energy costs by 12% to 15% to transport heat/cold/energy to achieve the same results.
Free Heat: Heat Recovery Energy Savings with SRS installations
Secondary Refrigerant Systems can provide ‘free heat’ for under floor heating systems.
- Are designed to provide radiant heating by means of pumping warm heat transfer fluid or water generated by the ‘SRS’ (Secondary Refrigerant System) for Supermarket or cold store warehouse installations.
- Are clean and create low velocity air convection, thus reducing dust particle levels and provides a warm and comfortable environment for customers and store operatives alike. No fans, no noise, no dust and no maintenance.
- Use reclaimed heat from the Secondary Refrigerant System thus harnessing ‘free heat’ waste energy from high and low temperature refrigeration systems. In summer this is diverted through a SRS dry cooler.
- ‘Heatwave’ under floor heating system is designed to provide under floor radiant heating by means of pumping warm heat transfer fluid or water generated by the ‘SRS’ (Secondary Refrigerant System) for Supermarket or cold store warehouse installations.
- It is clean and creates low velocity air convection, thus reducing dust particle levels and provides a warm and comfortable environment for customers and store operatives alike.
- It uses reclaimed heat from the ‘SRS’ System harnessing waste energy from high and low temperature systems which in summer this is diverted through a SRS-AIA dry cooler.
- As hot air rises it makes sense to use under floor convection heating as oppose to using a more traditional method of overhead heating which requires fans and more power. Fans use energy and create draught and dust.
- Can be installed for the supermarket sales floor providing heat between refrigerated display case aisles but similarly for the goods-in and external walkways.
- The success of such installations in Sweden using this method of “free heat” reclamation generated from a SRS (Secondary Refrigerant System) installation ensures an environmentally friendly and the best long term cost effective option.
Underfloor heating systems provide even heat distribution with no stratification for maximum comfort